The Dark Room

Monday 1 January 2018

Great-White Egret at Fairlop Waters

Despite the overcast conditions and light rain New Year's eve morning was far from dull and damp. First on the cards was to see the 3rd Winter Caspian Gull on Eagle pond off Snaresbrook road, which showed rather nicely from the concrete path, really smart bird- I will show some  images in the week of this brute.

 So, next up was to go to Fairlop Waters on the way home to try and see the 2 Great White Egret which also showed very well. A short walk from the car and a scan of lake revealed one of the Egrets feeding, as I got closer to the lake a pair of Egyptian Geese noticed me and started giving a alarm call and flew off as did one of the Egrets-bugger! So without wanting to disturb anything else on the lake I tucked myself out of the way and waited for only about five/ten minutes not long before both Great-White Egrets returned and carried on feeding on the opposite bank.










No comments:

Post a Comment