The Dark Room

Thursday 21 September 2017

Spotted Crake

After good views of the Juvenile Spotted Crake at the weekend on the patch I still wanted more action so  I returned Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday expecting the same, sadly it didn't show from 6pm to 7.30pm each evening. However Thursday evenings views were superb-shame the light was crap. but as the cattle have been grazing the front reed bed for the past few days it's now allowing good views to all visitors who visit the valley.





All above images ISO 1600 1/160 5.6

And add in Wednesday evenings  Osprey  seen by my wife and I over the reservoir (probably the same Juv seen Wedsnesday by Tom Bell) the patch is delivering the goods.........

1 comment:

  1. The water levels look great - and literally on your doorstep as well! Wader-magnet. Can't believe my second Spotcrake at the Valley!

    ReplyDelete