The Dark Room

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Nothing,tick and dip

Saturday morning, I was once again on the patch looking for Bittern, but again without joy.. So with nothing really happening at Valley I made my way to Rainham Marshes RSPB to see the 3 Berwick Swan that were on Purfleet scape, which was a site tick for me (thanks for the call H). Sunday morning Martin B joined me at the Stone Barges for the high tide count, where we had 100 Redshank, 150 Dunlin and 13 Lapwing. Not setting the bird world alight with my sightings, but still good to be out. Next up, we both went along to the KGV Reservoir for the Red necked Grebe that DB found the day before. Both of us needed it for our London list, but could not locate it!. We did have 2 Goosander and 7 Goldeneye though, but as we nearly got home we received a call for Dom to say the RN Grebe was now on the Girling Reservoir!!. So we dipped it after all. I was still happy though, because at least we new that we checked and checked that the Grebe wasn't there. I would of been more gutted that we missed it!, then it being on another Reservoir.
The view from KGV Reservoir towards London

No comments:

Post a Comment