The Dark Room

Saturday 6 November 2010

Good views at Rainham Marshes

I started my walk this morning at 8.00am and headed straight towards the dragonfly pool where the Bearded tits have been showing well all week and as I got near to the reed beds I could hear them calling away. Five where seen by myself and showed really well also 3 Stonechats and a fly over Greensand. After getting some pictures I made my way back to the visitor centre and got told there had just been a S E Owl hunting, which gave really good views. Its just a shame I could not any good photos of it(Bugger).......





A couple of record shots of the Short Eared Owl hunting along the sea wall at 10.00am

One of many Lapwings going over the sea wall

2 comments:

  1. Just back from Rainham myself and managed to miss the SEO which was seen again at 1pm by 5 minutes, 4 Beardies by 2 minutes and a Marsh Harrier at the new hide by looking out the wrong window. One of those days! Lovely pics of the Beardies though

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have days like that....Thanks for your comments

    ReplyDelete